Saturday, August 15, 2009

First Post

Welcome to my blog. Social media and mobile computing are poised to have a dramatic effect upon adult learning in both higher education and corporate learning and development in the coming decade. Just as early efforts in the 1970's and 1980's to create computer-based learning led to the now widespread use of elearning and online learning, the social media and mobile computing advances during the past few years are building a foundation for a new vision of adult learning.

This blog will provide a forum for my thoughs on this new vision. It will serve as an electronic repository of links to other blogs, wikis, and websites the contain information related to this vision. And it will be a place for experimentation and the testing of new ideas and technologies. Even though blogging itself isn't new, it is new to me.

Like many new bloggers I have written countless memos, position papers, emails, and newsletter articles for internal corporate consumption; a seemingly endless stream of academic papers while in graduace school; and dozens of course modules for use in corporate learning and in higher education. I have developed presentations for professional conferences and even produced scripts for corporate TV . But what I have don't done is written for a blog. So, here I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment